YXE Benefits offers the simple, stable, smart group benefits choice for Saskatoon businesses; combining accessibility, flexibility and the stability of pooled benefits. Saskatoon companies choose the The Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan because it offers unsurpassed value & outstanding customer service. The Chambers plan group benefits are for Saskatoon Chamber members. In our latest post, we share information about 2020 Canadian Mental Health Week and how Covid 19 may be affecting your teams mental health.
During CMHA 2020 Canadian Mental Health Week, let’s #GetReal about how we really feel.
“ ‘Social distancing’ is a misnomer: we should be physically distancing, but remain as social as ever. “ – Margaret Eaton, national CEO of the Canadian Mental Health Association.
The COVID-19 crisis can have an impact not only on our physical, but also our mental health. The current pandemic can cause anxiety ― a lot of false information is circulating, and a lot of unknown remains. Although we do not know all the answers, there is no need to panic. We can instead ensure that we respect preventive measures for social isolation and hygiene, so that we all do our part to protect the population.
Our public health and clinical teams have curated a list of reliable resources that can be helpful to you and your employees.
Novus Health’s Health Information Specialists have been trained to perform a mental health screening assessment for each COVID-19 call they receive, and can provide a list of available resources to those who need professional assistance.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (English): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019- ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health- CAMH (English): https://www.camh.ca/en/health-info/mental-health-and-covid-19
- World Health Organisation – WHO (English) https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/coping-with-stress.pdf?sfvrsn=9845bc3a_2
- World Health Organisation – WHO (English) https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/covid19-stigma-guide.pdf
FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS
- Unicef (Bilingual) https://www.unicef.org/coronavirus/how-talk-your-child-about-coronavirus- covid-19
- Kids Help Phone / Jeunesse, J’écoute https://kidshelpphone.ca/get-info/were-here-for-you- during-covid-19-novel-coronavirus/ & https://jeunessejecoute.ca/information/nous-sommes-la- pour-toi-pendant-lepidemie-du-covid-19
- World Health Organisation – WHO (English) https://www.who.int/docs/default- source/coronaviruse/helping-children-cope-with-stress-print.pdf?sfvrsn=f3a063ff_2
FOR VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- Ending Violence Association of Canada: Find Help Across Canada https://endingviolencecanada.org/getting-help/
- Government of Canada: Get help with family violence https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/fv- vf/help-aide.html
- HealthLinkBC: Domestic Violence https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/te7721 ONLINE PSYCHOLOGIST SERVICES (VIDEO, AUDIO AND CHAT):
- HASU – Therapy from home (across Canada): https://www.hasuecounselling.ca/hasu-provider- network/
TIPS TO COPE WITH STRESS AND ANXIETY WHILE WORKING
Social distancing measures are the most effective to slow down the outbreak, and many companies now allow their staff to work from home, often for an indefinite period. This means employees may tend to have less social interaction, and maintaining good communication can be a challenge.
In this regard, here are some tips and advices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention you can share with your staff to help manage stress and anxiety in this particular situation of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
Contact us today for a quote…. find out if you can benefit!